Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"My Story"


“My Story”
            My problem has been getting worse.  I have been to countless meetings and none of them are helping.  My counselor has been behind me all the way and I am feeling nothing but appreciation for that.  I can’t conquer this addiction and I am just about ready to give up on it.  There is no way that I am going to save myself and I really shouldn’t even bother telling myself that I can fight against it.  Some days, I just want to crawl up in a corner and cry because life is getting to hard to handle with this problem.  I am always having people support me by giving the best advice they can give and always being there for me.
            April 12, 2011.  The meetings are not helping me get over my addiction.  Everyone there has the same problem but they seem to be getting better as each meeting goes on.  My counselor has been there for me since I noticed I had a problem and I am very grateful for that.  He often calls me every night to see how I am doing after each meeting and I can always tell him if something is wrong.  He’s always telling me that he supports me even with my addiction, even though my family and friends don’t.  Bill is always there whenever I need to talk and I cannot thank him enough for all that he’s done for me.
            I am at the point where I am dependent on my addiction every minute, every hour.  Bill is becoming more and more concerned and he is beginning to have full watch on me.  He keeps telling me to not give up on myself and I really can’t believe him anymore.  He is disappointed that he isn’t of any help, but I keep telling him that he has been nothing but support for me and that I don’t know where I would be without him.  I have made some progress, but it hasn’t been enough for me to beat my problem.  There is nobody looking out for me or nothing to look forward for me to be happy about and I don’t see the point of staying around anymore. 
           
            April 12, 2012.  It has been one year since I have gotten over my addiction and it is all thanks to Bill’s never ending support.  He never said once that I couldn’t do it and he has always believed in me.  He was there for me when nobody else was and that is the most important part of conquering my addiction.  I am now clean and it is all thanks to him; I owe him so much and I don’t know where to begin to thanking him.  Whenever he needs me for anything, I will be there for him because he was always there for me. He was there all of the time when I was down or when I was in any kind of trouble.  Without him, I wouldn’t be where I was today or the kind of person I am right now.
             I wouldn’t be where I am today if it hadn’t been for Bill.  He was the only one who stayed by me through my troubles and the only one who gave me full support.  He never gave up on me even when I told him it was just getting worse.  Bill made it easy for me to beat my addiction and I can’t thank him enough for all of his help.  Whenever he needs someone to look to for support, I will be here like he was here for me and I will be here for him all of the time.  I am repaying him for all of his support just by supporting him, which is enough for him to show my appreciation.
            I followed in Bill’s footsteps and became an addiction counselor.  It is a rewarding experience to watch people transform from addicts to wonderful people.  I am there for all of my patients just like Bill was there for me.  I hope my patients know that they can be there for me if they ever see me in any kind of trouble.  I work side by side with Bill, making sure I am half as good as a counselor that he is, making sure everyone feels comfortable in their surroundings.  This is one of the best choices that I’ve made in my life in a while, and I have him to thank for that.
           
           


           

No comments:

Post a Comment