Sunday, May 20, 2012

Top Ten Best Song Annotations


Top Best Song Annotations
1. Springsteen, Bruce. (1975). “Thunder Road”. Born to Run. Bruce Springsteen is a very well known artist to many people.  He is known as “The Boss” because of his amazing vocals and musical talent.  I don’t listen to him that much, but I can admit that this song is one of his bests.  Just the harmonica in the beginning of the song hints at how good the song is going to be and people usually are singing towards the middle and the end of the song.  This song starts of slow in the beginning and builds up in speed as it goes on which makes this song fun and exciting to listen to.
2. Aerosmith. (1973). “Dream On” Aerosmith. Aerosmith is one of the most popular and well known rock and roll bands to most people.  I don’t listen to Aerosmith that much but this song is so well done that whenever I listen to it; I replay it over and over again.  Steven Tyler’s voice in this song is amazing and that really makes the whole song.  The message of the song is to not look back and just keep moving forward with your dreams.  This is one of my favorites by Aerosmith and that’s why I chose this as one of my top ten.
3. Journey. (1981). “Don’t Stop Believin’ Escape. This has to be one of the best songs ever by Journey, in my opinion.  It is a great song to dance to as well as to get inspiration from for anything.  Journey isn’t one of my top artists to listen to, but this song makes them a good band to enjoy.  I like the message of the song as well, which is to really never stop believing and to not give up on your dreams.  The lead singer also makes this song powerful, which makes it intense during the middle of the song.
4. Jackson, Michael. (1982). “Thriller”. Thriller. I’m not a huge Michael Jackson fan, but this song is one of his bests.  It has that eerie feel that reminds people of Halloween and just other frightful things.  Michael Jackson is a great artist, especially in this song, which makes it more enjoyable to listen to.  This song is a great song to be played at dances where everyone knows the words and the dance that goes along with it.  It’s not number one on my list, but it’s one of my top ten.
5. Survivor. (1986.) “Eye of The Tiger”. Take You on a Saturday. This song is just the best to get someone ready for a big event with its upbeat tune and lyrics.  I have never heard of Survivor and this is the only song I know by them, which is why it’s on the top ten.  When someone listens to this song, they get inspired.  I listened to this song before presenting my student council officer speech and it got me motivated and made me less nervous.  This is a good song because it’s inspiring, upbeat, and motivational.
6. The Beatles. (1969). “Come Together”. Abbey Road. The Beatles are a well known band to pretty much anyone.  They are great singers and all of their songs can be replayed over and over again.  This song includes good instrumentals as well as lyrics, which is why most people enjoy listening to this song.  John Lennon contributes soft lyrics which is an important part of the song.  This is a more popular song to most people and that’s why I put it on my top ten best song list.
7. Aerosmith. (1987). “Dude Looks Like A Lady”. Permanent Vacation. This has to be my favorite Aerosmith song of all time.  Steven Tyler is absolutely amazing in this song, voice wise and nobody could sing this song as well as him.  The guitar parts in the song are also a key part to the song and make it fun to listen to Aerosmith fans.  This is low on my list because I don’t listen to it that much, but I still like it enough to include it as one of the top ten best songs.  I put “Dream On” before this song because that song is slower, but this song is still one that I can admit to being one of the best.
8. Alice Cooper. (1972). “School’s Out” School’s Out. This is really the anthem for both students and teachers at the end of the school year.  It’s celebrating the last day of school and the beginning of summer for everyone.  This is probably listened to by students more than teachers because they are eager to finally get out of school and to be on summer break after a long year.  I think this song is one of the top ten mainly because it’s upbeat and also because of the lyrics.  I like how it celebrates the end of the year and it signals that summer is here.
9. Green Day. (2004). “American Idiot”. American Idiot. I like a few songs by Green Day, but this is my favorite by them.  I don’t see a meaning behind the song, but it has an upbeat tune and it’s fun to listen to.  The song seems to just be making fun of the people who live in America, but it doesn’t seem like a direct stab at them.  I don’t listen to Green Day that much but I can say that this is a song that everyone should listen to because of the musical talent and lyrics.  The song is the second to last on my list, but it’s still one of my top ten.
10. Haddaway. (1993). “What is Love”. Haddaway. This is the only song that I know from this artist.  It’s a good song to both listen and dance to.  I put this as my last song because some people aren’t familiar with this song.  The lyrics and the instrumentals are mostly why I like the song.  It’s a good enough song where I can put it as one of my top ten songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment