Thursday, May 17, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Song Annotations


Top Favorite Song Annotations:
1. Ryan Shupe and The Rubberband. (2005).“Dream Big”. Dream Big. This song conveys a positive message of never giving up on your dreams, no matter how big or impossible.  The lyrics apply to anyone who has a dream that wants to be reached and to whoever is letting someone tell them that the dream is impossible.  The lyrics “And when you dream, dream big” tell the listener that whenever you dream, make sure that it’s as big as it can be and that you don’t give up on it.  I like this song because I first heard it while at a summer conference for student council and I immediately thought it was a good song simply because of its message. I listen to this song all the time and I still get happy because I know that when I have a dream or a goal, I need to make sure it’s the best I can make it.
2. Jepsen, Carly Rae. (2012). “Call Me Maybe”. Call Me Maybe.  This song is just another ordinary pop song about a romance.  It has a catchy beat, which is why most people enjoy listening to it time after time.  Other people find it annoying, but I like it mainly because of the lyrics and tune to the song.  It has somewhat of a special meaning to me because it was the last song that was playing as everyone left the dance on the last night of a three day student council conference, which was my last one.  I listen to it a lot, again mostly for the tune and the fun lyrics.  My favorite lyric is “Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe?”  The song just shows the story of a teenage girl trying to the attention of a boy she likes.  Most girls can relate to this song and its lyrics because of the message.
3. Aldean, Jason. (2010). “See You When I See You”. My Kinda Party. The whole song is focused on someone not wanting to say goodbye to someone that they care about.  Jason Aldean says in his song “Someday I’ll see you when I see you, another place, some other time.”  The lyrics are saying that they aren’t saying goodbye, they’re just separating for now until they see each other again.  This song has an important message and whenever I listen to it I think of my family and people who I’m close to who I haven’t seen in a while.  I can replay this song over and over again and never get tired of it because of the music and the lyrics; I can relate to this song in different ways and that’s why I like it so much.
4. Fun. (2011). “We Are Young” We Are Young. Any teenager who listens to this song at least once can relate to the message.  The song is just about being young and having fun while you still can.  One of the lines, “Tonight we are young, so let’s set the world on fire” just shows that you’re only young once, so take advantage of it.  This song as well has a special meaning to me because it was played in the highlight video of a three day student council conference and whenever I listen to it, I think of the video.  I like this song a lot because of the message mostly, and because of the meaning it holds.
5. Bryan, Luke. (2011). “Country Girl (Shake It for Me)” Country Girl (Shake It for Me). The first time I heard this song was my second night at a student council conference last summer.  The song really doesn’t have a specific meaning, but it’s a good song to listen to during the summer or whenever you need a mood boost.  The music in this song is well done and makes the song catchy and fun to listen to.  The song has a special meaning to me and that’s one of the main reasons as to why I like it.  I’m not very familiar with the artist, but this song is done well by him.
6. Marley, Bob. (1984). “Three Little Birds” Legend( Remastered). The whole song is nothing but positive and that’s one of the main reasons of why I like it so much.  “Don’t worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright” is my favorite lyric and shows a really positive message of nothing is going to be bad, everything is going to turn out to be fine.  I listen to this song whenever I am upset and it instantly puts me into a good mood.  Nothing about this song is negative and it helps people get through hard times because that’s what Bob Marley’s songs are known to do, especially this one.  There are so many Bob Marley songs, but this one is my favorite because of the music as well as the message.
7. Shelton, Blake. (2011). “God Gave Me You”. Red River Blue (Deluxe Version). “God Gave Me You” is the second song I know by Blake Shelton.  It is a slow song, but it’s very calming and relatable to many people.  “God gave me you for the ups and downs” is an important and meaningful lyric because it makes me think of all of the people in my life who have been there through the good and the bad times.  The artist is basically saying that God gave everyone someone or a group of people for a reason and for them to be there for good and bad.  The music matches the speed of the lyrics and that’s important because it gives the listener time to think of the important people in their life.
8. Chesney, Kenny. (2010). “Live a Little”. Hemingway’s Whiskey. This song is a good song to live by simply because of the message.  I am not a huge country fan, but this song isn’t really too much country for me and it’s a good song to listen to.  An important lyric is “Live a little, have some fun, take some time, waste it on number one” because the message is to not worry about other things for a little bit and focus on you instead.  I listen to this song a lot and I always get the same message out of it whenever I listen to it.  Everyone can get the same message as well because everyone knows that they need to focus on themselves once in a while.
9. One Direction. (2012). “What Makes You Beautiful”. Up All Night. One Direction is a new artist and this is the only song that I know by them.  It has a catchy tune and the lyrics display a boy expressing his affection for a girl, telling her that she is beautiful.  The girl in the song is insecure about her appearance and the singer is telling her all the time that she is pretty, no matter what she does. This song proves that chivalry is not dead and that men still appreciate girls for who they are.  I think that most girls like this song because of the lyrics as well as the message.
10. Lee, Amos. (2006). “Sweet Pea”. Supply and Demand. Amos Lee is a new artist to me and I know this song from an AT&T commercial.  I don’t really see a specific meaning to it; it just seems like a romantic song.  The lyrics “Sweet Pea, apple of my eye, don’t know when and I don’t know why, but you’re the only reason I keep on coming home” shows that the person in the song has feelings for someone else or else they wouldn’t keep coming home.  The music and lyrics are well done also.  I think that this is a good song and should be played on the radio so more people can listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment